Friday 12 April 2013

Chosen Textures

Marble: I chose to use Marble in the staircase's connecting Jiro Ono's workspaces as I believe it is a sturdy material & provides a sophisticated, yet simple look. Indicative of Ono's art of sushi.


Aerated Autoclad Concrete: I chose to use this material in the datum as I believe when merging Kimura & Ono, you reach a contemporary equilibrium. This material also allows the space to speak for itself. It therefore exhibits and emphasises Kimura's striking motorbikes, and Ono's spectacular sushi skills in what I assume would be a social-gallery manner.  


Graphite: Using graphite to mimic a road brings a a sense of rawness to Kimura's space. I felt it imperative to highlight this because despite Kimura's work being one of industrialisation, if one were to take a deeper look into his practice, they would find it to be a lot more organic. 


In saying that, I wanted to highlight the juxtaposition in this idea of 'industrialisation vs. organic', which is why I made the staircase connecting Kimura's spaces out of Steel. This juxtaposition also proves visually stunning to me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment